Get access to files anywhere through secure cloud storage and file backup for your photos, videos, files and more with Google Drive.
Recommended Users: All, Content Areas: All
To Access This Tool: drive.google.com
Chromebook Compatible: YES
Account Information: ACPS-Issued Google Account
Getting Started: Google’s How-To Guide
A Google Apps for Education account is a Google Account created and managed by a school for use by students and educators. When creating this account, the school may provide Google with certain personal information about its students and educators, including, for example, a user’s name, email address, and password. Google may also collect personal information directly from users of Google Apps for Education accounts, such as telephone number or a profile photo added to the Apps for Education account.
Google also collects information based on the use of our services. This includes:
- device information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number of the user
- log information, including details of how a user used our service, device event information, and the user’s Internet protocol (IP) address
- location information, as determined by various technologies including IP address, GPS, and other sensors
- unique application numbers, such as application version number
- cookies or similar technologies which are used to collect and store information about a browser or device, such as preferred language and other settings.